ST THOMAS’ SCHOOL
St Thomas’ is a vibrant, single stream, co-educational primary school catering for students from Pre-Kindergarten to Year 6. Situated in the heart of Claremont, the school seeks to educate the whole child in a Christ centred, child focused, safe learning environment, where all students are valued and celebrated for their uniqueness.
We are seeking a suitably qualified and experienced Finance Officer to join our professional team. The person we are looking for will be a diligent and dedicated professional driven to improve processes and ensure compliance. The successful candidate will be suitably qualified and experienced, demonstrate enthusiasm and ability to provide the appropriate expertise in financial matters by assisting the Principal in school operations.
This is an 0.8 FTE (4 days) ongoing permanent position commencing 11 October 2021. Selection criteria:
· Effective management skills including exemplary confidentiality
· Extensive experience in bookkeeping and financial reporting
· Sound knowledge and demonstrated ability of relevant accrual accounting practices
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Advanced computer skills and knowledge including experience in financial programs, Microsoft Word, Excel and Internet Applications
· Experience in a school environment and with AoS 365 Dynamics would be highly advantageous
· Excellent organisational skills, ability to manage time effectively and meet deadlines
· Ability to prioritise work and work independently
· Ability to think outside the square and find innovative solutions and better work processes
· Friendly and approachable manner
· Ability to work as part of a team whilst still accepting responsibility for own tasks
Experience in, but not limited to-
· financial procedures including accounts receivable accounts payable, bank reconciliations
· preparation of Business Activity Statements, and general ledger processing
· preparation, monitoring and maintaining Annual Budget completing financial compliance reporting
· assisting with payroll functions
· A relevant qualification in Accounting, Business, Bookkeeping or a related field
Applicants must be fully supportive of the objectives and ethos of Catholic education.
All queries should be directed to Mrs Natalia Thomson on 92869500 or by email to email@example.com
Your application should include:
1. A cover letter 2. Your current Curriculum Vitae 3. Contact details of at least 2 professional referees 4. A document addressing the selection criteria
5. A copy of WWC.
Please address all applications to:
Mrs Natalia Thomson
St Thomas’ School
8 Warden Street
Claremont WA 6010
Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: Monday 4 October 2021.