Welcome to the St Thomas Primary School Library. Our library is a happy, well resourced, busy place, staffed on Wednesdays by our Library Technician Mr Wray. The Library is used by students and staff for reflection and study time, as the MakerSpace area, Mini Vinnies, the Choral Speaking Club, music and piano lessons, small group collaborations, STEM, Clubs, research, Staff and P&F meetings amongst many other activities.
We have an evolving range of fiction and non-fiction books, graphic novels available for students to borrow. All children across the school, from Kindergarten to Year 6 borrow books each week. Kindergarten to Year 1 can borrow 2 books per week, Year 2-5 can borrow up to 3 books and Year 6 who have their own Senior Collection may borrow up to 4 books.
Please make sure your child has a library bag to protect their books. These are available online from the Uniform Shop. Parents are encouraged to have their child's books ready for their return on Wednesdays and to assist in making sure all books are returned on time. Parents are always welcome to visit the library, especially during Book Week which is celebrated each August. During the week there is a special day of dressing up, parades, prizes and literature related activities.
Orbit is the library catalogue which can be accessed within the school through the Library student access computers, iPads and other devices or simply through your devices at home or on the go.
Scholastic Book Club
St Thomas Primary School participates in the Scholastic Book Club. Catalogues are distributed to the students approximately 4 times a year. By using the Scholastic Book Club you are able to purchase books for your child and earn points for our school. These points are then in turn used to obtain books for the library.
Information you need to know:
No cash payments or paper orders please.
Please use LOOP on scholastic website.
Any orders placed after the closing date and time will be charged $4.99 for home delivery.
If you wish to order from an issue please follow the listed procedures:
- Log-in to www.scholastic.com.au/LOOP or download the NEW iPhone and iPad app from the App Store!
- For a quick start, just click on ORDER in the top menu or REGISTER first to save your details for next time.
- Select your school and your Childs’ class.
- Add your Childs’ first name and last initial (so the school knows who the book is for) i.e. Elisabeth R.
- Enter the item number from the Book Club brochure.
- You can order for multiple children at once if they attend the same school.
- All orders are linked directly to the school for submission to Scholastic Book Club. Purchases will still be delivered to your childs’ classroom if you order by the closing date.
- Do not return paper order forms, cash or payment receipt details to your school!
- No late orders can be accepted. If you order after the due date you will need to pay a delivery fee to have the order delivered to your home.
- For a quick how-to-order video, log-in to www.scholastic.com.au/LOOP and click on HELP in the top menu.
Free Book Exchange Library
Parents and students are very welcome to swap and borrow their personal books from the Book Exchange Library, a small collection which is mounted to the wall on the eastern exit of the School's Library. This encourages students to make some of their favourite reads someone elses. We hope to foster a sense of community through reading and sharing anonymously with each other.